View Deployments Dashboard (Current Generation)
Contact Harness Support to enable the feature.
Dashboards help you model and analyze business metrics and operational data. You can use this data to make data-driven business decisions. Using charts, data tables, and filters, Dashboards help you get the most useful deployments data.
Harness provides pre-loaded By Harness (pre-defined) and Custom (user-defined) Dashboards to visualize deployments data across your Applications, Services, and Environment. Using the Deployments (Current Generation) Dashboard you can:
- Discover new analytical insights into your deployment frequency by Application and Pipeline
- Track deployment status across different zones and time range in a logical and structured manner
- View your deployments at a glance, understand the applications with the highest failure rate, analyze deployment status, etc.
This topic describes how to view the By Harness Deployments (Current Generation) Dashboard and get more information about that data.
In this topic:
- Step: View Deployments Dashboard
- Clone a Dashboard
- Example: Deployments and Services Dashboard
- See Also
- Next Steps
Ensure that you have enabled the following feature flags in the same order:
Contact Harness Support to enable the feature.
Step: View Deployments Dashboard
Perform the following steps to view CG Dashboard:
- In Harness First Generation, click Custom Dashboards Next Gen.
- In Dashboards, select By Harness and click Deployments (Current Generation) Dashboard.The Deployments (Current Generation) Dashboard is displayed.
- In Application, select the Application(s) for which you want to view and analyze the data.
- In Service, select the Service(s) for which you want to view and analyze the data.
- Select Reporting Period to filter the data based on pre-defined time range filters. The available filters are:
- Last 1 Day
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Last 90 Days
- Last year
- In Env Type, select the environment where your applications and services are hosted.
- Once you have made all your selections, click Update. The data is refreshed with the latest data from the database.
- Hover on the chart to see the deployment status details.
- In Deployment Frequency by Application, hover on the chart to view the deployment frequency by Application.
- You can further drill into the deployment details by Time:The deployment details by Application are displayed.
- In Deployment Duration by Pipeline, hover on the chart to view the deployment duration by Pipeline.
- You can further drill into the deployment details by Time:The deployment duration details by Pipeline are displayed.
Clone a Dashboard
To clone a Dashboard, do the following:
- In Dashboards, select By Harness and click Deployments (Current Generation) Dashboard.
- Click the three-dot menu in the upper right of the dashboard and click clone.
Example: Deployments and Services Dashboard
Here's an example that explains how you can create your own Dashboard to view your Deployment and Services data.
- In Harness, click Dashboards.
- In Dashboards, click + Dashboard.
- In About the Dashboard, in Folder, select Organization Shared Folder.
- In Name, enter a name for your dashboard. For example, Deployments_test.
- (Optional) In Tags, type a name for your tag and press enter to create a tag, and click Continue.
- Click Edit Dashboard.
- Click Add Tile.
- Select an Explore to get started. An Explore is a starting point for a query, designed to explore a particular subject area. The data shown in an Explore is determined by the dimensions and measures you select from the field picker.
- Dimension: A dimension can be thought of as a group or bucket of data.
- Measure: A measure is information about that bucket of data.
- Click the Explore that corresponds to the fields you want to include in your dashboard. For example, Deployments and Services.
- Enter a name for your tile. This will be the name of the tile on the dashboard.
- Select the dimensions and measures for your query. In this example, the following filters are used to aggregate data for the last 7 days:
- Deployments: Pipeline Name, Failed Deployments, and Total Deployments
- Services: Failed Service Deployments, Successful Service Deployments, and Total Service Deployments
- Configure your visualization options. For more information, see Create Visualizations and Graphs.
- Once you have set up your query, click Run.
- Click Save to save the query as a tile on your dashboard.
- You can add multiple tiles to your Dashboard. For example, add a tile for total and failed Service Deployments in the last 7 days.
- Once you have set up your query, click Run and then click Save. All the tiles are added to your Dashboard.
You can also perform the following actions on the Dashboard:
Refer to the following topics to create your own Dashboard and chart data.