Orphaned EBS Volumes and Snapshots Dashboard
Dashboards are a collection of charts and data tables with filters that you can use to get at the data you're interested in. Dashboards serve as a platform for data modeling and analytics using a combination of available business metrics and operational data. You can use this data to make data-driven informed business decisions.
Harness provides pre-loaded By Harness (pre-defined) and Custom (user-defined) Dashboards to visualize cloud cost data across clusters and cloud accounts. Using the Orphaned EBS Volumes and Snapshots Dashboard you can:
- Discover new analytical insights into your EBS volumes and snapshots
- Explore the cloud cost data in a logical and structured manner
- View your cloud costs at a glance, understand what is costing the most, and analyze cost trends
This topic describes how to view the Orphaned EBS Volumes and Snapshots Dashboard and get more information about that data.
In this topic:
- Before You Begin
- Data Ingestion for Dashboard
- Step: View Orphaned EBS Volumes and Snapshots Dashboard
- See Also
- Next Steps
Before You Begin
- Review Set Up Cloud Cost Management for AWS
- Ensure that you have Dashboard-All View permissions assigned. See Manage Access Control for CCM Dashboards.
- Ensure that you have set up Cloud Cost Management (CCM) for the AWS cloud provider.
- Ensure that you have selected AWS ECS and Resource Inventory Management feature when creating the AWS connector. See Select Features.
Data Ingestion for Dashboard
Once you have set up cost visibility for the AWS cloud provider and the data is available for root cost analysis, you can view the dashboard. The data in the Dashboard is updated dynamically.
Step: View Orphaned EBS Volumes and Snapshots Dashboard
Perform the following steps to view Orphaned EBS Volumes and Snapshots Dashboard:
- In Harness, click Dashboards.
- In All Dashboards, click Orphaned EBS Volumes and Snapshots Dashboard.
- In EBS Volume Creation Date, select the date. You can add multiple OR conditions.
- In EBS Volume Cost Date, select the date range.
By default, This Month is selected.
- Presets: Select a Preset filter. For example, Today, Yesterday, etc.
- Custom: Custom allows you to select the date range.
- In Snapshot Creation Date, select the date. You can add multiple OR conditions.
- Once you have selected all the filters, click Update.
The Orphaned EBS Volumes and Snapshots Dashboard is displayed.
Once you have set up cost visibility for your Kubernetes clusters, AWS, GCP, and Azure cloud providers, you can create your own Dashboards. Refer to the following topics to create your own Dashboard and chart data.