Send Notifications Using Slack
You can notify your User Group members using Slack as one of the notification channels. To do this, add a Slack Incoming Webhook into your Harness User Groups' Notification Preferences.
Then you can add your User Group to a Notification Strategy and receive alert info in Slack.
In this topic:
- Before You Begin
- Visual Summary
- Step 1: Create a Slack App and Webhook for Your Channel
- Step 2: Add the Webhook to the User Group Notification Preferences
Before You Begin
Adding a Slack channel to your Harness User Groups Notification Preferences is as simple as pasting in a Slack Webhook:
Step 1: Create a Slack App and Webhook for Your Channel
Follow the steps in Slack documentation for creating a Slack app, selecting your channel, and creating a webhook: Sending messages using Incoming Webhooks.
When you are done, you'll have a webhook that looks something like this:
Copy the Webhook.
Step 2: Add the Webhook to the User Group Notification Preferences
- In your Account/Organization/Project click Access Control.
- Click User Groups.
- Select the User Group to which you want to add notification preferences.
- In Notification Preferences, select Slack Webhook URL.
- Paste the Webhook into Slack Webhook URL and click Save.
Now your Slack channel will be used to notify this User Group of alerts.