Add and Manage Access Control
Harness provides Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) that enables you to control user and group access to Harness Resources according to their Role assignment.
This topic describes how to add and manage access control for Feature Flags.
Before You Begin
Review Feature Flags Roles and Permissions
The following pre-defined default Roles are available for Feature Flags:
- Feature Flag Admin: Can perform all actions for feature flags in an existing project
- Feature Flag View Only Role: Can view existing feature flags
- Feature Flag Manage Role: Can edit and view existing feature flags
Feature Flag Admin
Feature Flag View Only Role
Feature Flag Manage
- If you have permissions at the Project level, you can edit flags within that project or its environments.
- If you have permissions for the specific environment, then the Role is limited within the environment only.
Step: Manage Feature Flag Access Control
- In Feature Flags, in Project Setup, click Access Control.
- Click Users and then New User to add a new user. See Add and Manage Users.
- Click User Groups and then New User Group to add a new user group. See Add and Manage User Groups.
- Click Resource Groups and then New Resource Group to add a new resource group. See Add and Manage Resource Groups.
- Click Roles and then New Role to add a new role. See Add and Manage Roles.