View Multi-cloud Cost Overview Dashboard
Dashboards are a collection of charts and data tables with filters that you can use to get at the data you're interested in. Dashboards serve as a platform for data modeling and analytics using a combination of available business metrics and operational data. You can use this data to make data-driven informed business decisions.
Harness provides By Harness (pre-defined) and Custom (user-defined) Dashboards to visualize cloud cost data across cloud providers. Using the Multi-cloud Cost Overview Dashboard you can:
- Get a unified view of your cloud cost data across the cloud environment. For example, AWS, Azure, GCP, and Cluster
- Discover new analytical insights into your cluster costs across cloud providers
- Track various cloud cost indicators across different zones and time range
- Explore the cloud cost data in a logical and structured manner
- View your cloud costs at a glance, understand what is costing the most, and analyze cost trends
This topic describes how to view the By Harness Multi-cloud Cost Overview Dashboard and get more information about that data.
In this topic:
- Before You Begin
- Data Ingestion for Multi-cloud Cost Overview Dashboard
- Step: View Multi-cloud Cost Overview Dashboard
- See Also
- Next Steps
Before You Begin
- Review the following topics:
- Ensure that you have Dashboard-All View permissions assigned. See Manage Access Control for CCM Dashboards.
- Ensure that you have set up Cloud Cost Management (CCM) for the Kubernetes clusters, AWS, GCP, and Azure cloud accounts.
- Ensure that you have added all the required permissions for your cloud account. The data available in the Dashboard depends on the permissions you provided to the cloud accounts or clusters when setting up CCM.
Data Ingestion for Multi-cloud Cost Overview Dashboard
Once you have set up cost visibility for your clusters and cloud accounts and the data is available in the Perspective, you can view the Multi-cloud Cost Overview Dashboard. The data in the Dashboard is updated dynamically.
Step: View Multi-cloud Cost Overview Dashboard
Perform the following steps to view the Multi-cloud Cost Overview Dashboard:
- In Harness, click Dashboards.
- In All Dashboards, select By Harness and click Multi-cloud Cost Overview Dashboard.The cost data is displayed.
The total cloud cost across clusters and cloud accounts with cost trend.
The forecasted cluster and cloud accounts cost with cost trend. Forecasted cost is the prediction based on your historical cost data and it is predicted for the same future time period as your selected time range.
Cost by Cloud Providers
The cost of each cloud provider. For example, AWS, GCP, Azure, and Kubernetes cluster.
Cost by Services or Products
The cost of each Service and Product across cloud providers.
Weekly Cost Trend
The weekly cost trend across cloud providers.
- Select Time Range to filter the data based on pre-defined time range filters. The available filters are:
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Last 90 Days
- Last year
- Once you have selected the Time Range, click Reload. The data is refreshed with the latest data from the database. By default, Last 30 Days is selected.
- Hover over the chart to see the cost details.
- In Cost by Cloud Providers, click the cloud provider to view the cost of a specific cloud provider. For example, click GCP to update the dashboard data only for GCP.
- In the resulting dashboard, you can further refine your view. In Weekly Cost Trend, click Time period/Week for which you want to view the cost.
- In Cost by Services or Products, hover over the chart to view the cost of Products. The applied filters are also displayed.
- Click the Filter icon to hide or show the filters.
Once you have set up cost visibility for your Kubernetes clusters, AWS, GCP, and Azure cloud providers, you can create your own Dashboards. Refer to the following topics to create your own Dashboard and chart data.