Add and Manage User Groups
Harness User Groups help you manage user access. Each member of a User Group inherits the role bindings assigned to that group.
This topic explains the steps to create and manage User Groups within Harness.
In this topic:
- Before You Begin
- Add New User Group
- Delete User Group
- Manage User Group
- Option: Notification Preferences
- See Also
Before You Begin
- Learn Harness' Key Concepts
- Access Management (RBAC) Overview
- Make sure you have Manage Permissions for User Groups.
Step: Add New User Group
This topic assumes you have a Harness Project set up. If not, see Create Organizations and Projects.
You can add a User Group in Project/Organization/Account scope. To do this, go to Project SETUP, Organization, or Account Resources.
In your Project/Org/Account, and click Project/Org/Account SETUP.
Click Access Control.
In User Groups click New User Group. The New User Group settings appear.
Enter a Name for your User Group.
Enter Description and Tags for your User Group.
Select Users under Add Users.
Your User Group is now listed under User Groups. You can assign Roles to your User Group by clicking on Role.
Step: Delete User Group
Click User Groups under Access Control.
Click Delete on the top right corner for the User Group you want to delete.
Step: Manage User Group
Click the User Groups in Access Control.
Click the User Group you want to edit. The User Group details appear.
Click Members to invite Users to this Group.
Click Remove to delete User from this Group.
Click Role to change Role Bindings for this User Group.
Option: Notification Preferences
You can set notification channels for your User Group members using Notification Preferences.
When the User Group is assigned an Alert Notification Rule, the channels you set here will be used to notify them.
To add notification preferences to Harness User Groups, perform the following steps:
- In your Account/Organization/Project click Access Control.
- Click User Groups.
- Select the User Group to which you want to add notification preferences.
- In Notification Preferences, click Channel.
- Configure one or more notification settings from the following options and click Save:
- Email/Alias – Enter any group email addresses where Harness can send notifications.
- Slack Webhook URL – Enter the Slack channel Incoming Webhook URL. For more details, see Send Notifications Using Slack.
- PagerDuty Integration Key – Enter the key for a PagerDuty Account/Service to which Harness can send notifications. You can copy/paste this key from Integrations of your service in Services > Service Directory.
- Microsoft Teams Webhook URL - Enter the Microsoft Teams Incoming Webhook URL.