Create an Application Gateway for Azure
Azure Application Gateway is a web traffic load balancer that enables you to manage traffic to your web applications. Application Gateway can make routing decisions based on additional attributes of an HTTP request, for example, URI path or host headers.
Before You Begin
Create a New Application Gateway
Perform the following steps to create a new Application Gateway in Azure.
- In Cloud Costs, select the project that you created in the previous step.
- In Cloud Costs, in Load Balancer, click + New Load Balancer.
- Select Azure Cloud Provider.
- Select the Cloud Connector where you want to use the Load Balancer from the drop-down list and click Apply Selected.
- Once you've selected your Azure connector, click Continue.
- In Create a new Application Load Balancer, in Provide a name for the Load balancer, enter a name for your Load Balancer.
- Enter Domain name. Application Gateway does not have a domain name associated with it. The rule directs traffic to resources through the Load balancer. Hence the Load balancer requires a domain name to be accessed by the rule.
- Click Continue.
- Select region from the drop-down list to install the Access Point.
- Select a Resource Group from the drop-down list.
- Select Certificate.
- Select Virtual Network.
- Select Subnet.
- Select Frontend IP.
- Select SKU.
- Once you're done, click Save.
Your Load Balancer is listed under the Load Balancer Manager.