Manage Variations of the Feature Flag
When you create a feature flag, some of its variations are designated as default variations. You can accept the default variations or change them. A flag's default variations are the variations that are served when a flag is on or off unless you specify otherwise.
For example, a boolean flag can have
false set as its default off variation and
true set as its default on variation. A multivariate flag could have
variation 1 set as its default off variation and
variation 2 set as its default on variation, with
variation 3 configured to appear when a user has a certain email address.
- You can edit the variations of your feature flag even after using the Harness Feature Flag SDKs in your application.
- Changes to the variations are applied only to newly created environments. Existing environments won’t be affected.
This topic describes how to edit the default variations of your feature flag.
In this topic:
Before You Begin
Step: Edit Variations
Perform the following steps to edit the variations for your feature flag.
- Click on the feature flag for which you want to edit the variation.
- Click the edit button.
- Edit the variations and modify the default rules.
- Once you're done, click Save.