The Harness Delegate is a service you run in your own environment, such as your local network, VPC, or cluster.
For example, you can run the Delegate in the deployment target cluster for a CD Pipeline or the build farm cluster for a CI Pipeline.
The Delegate connects all of your artifact, infrastructure, collaboration, verification, and other providers with the Harness Manager.
Most importantly, the Delegate performs most Harness operations.
See the following Delegate How-to topics:
- Install an Immutable Kubernetes Delegate
- Install a Legacy Kubernetes Delegate
- Install a Docker Delegate
- Select Delegates with Tags
- Run Initialization Scripts on Delegates
- Configure Delegate Proxy Settings
- Automate Delegate Installation
- Truststore Override for Delegates
- Delegate Registration and Verification
- Non-Root Delegate Installation
- Create a Custom Delegate that Includes Custom Tools
- Secure Delegates with Tokens
- Delete a Delegate
For an overview, see the